Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's coming together


Since I finished the gantry for the machine the next thing I needed to do was build the base.  I didn't have a big enough workbench in my garage to put the machine on so I built this extension on the end of my work bench.  I spent a lot of time making sure it was level and flat so that the machine will sit evenly.


In this picture you can see the base of the machine starting to take shape!  The can of Mt Dew (the official drink of my garage) is sitting in the front corner of the machine to show scale.  This is a pretty large machine! You can also see that I have placed the Gantry in the frame rails so I could see if everything is coming out like it is drawn in the plans.  More to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame that you couldn't build a metal CNC machine to build your wood-cutting CNC machine.

    Wait... i guess that would be the same amount of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountain DEW!!! My official drink, too. However, I'm not creative, nor motivated to build anything. So my drink, in addition to being diet, just kills all my brain cells. However, I will tell people that some of the most brilliant people I know drink the Dew regularly. And I will hold onto that truth daily, as I'm enjoying every single sip.

    I'm not sure what it does, but I'm impressed you are building it like a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked out what it does. Awesome. I'm bookmarking your blog.

    ReplyDelete