Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hot Stuff - Getting ready!


Batman shot!  I have been putting my new CNC machine to good use as you can see.  I can't believe I ever did things like that side armor manually!


Here is a little better shot of the side armor, you can see the pockets in the underside to lighten things up a bit.  You can also see the "Hot Stuff" logo I engraved into the top of the aluminum drive pod.  I think it looks pretty good!


Here is a shot of the new bumper on the back of the bot.  There are a lot of nasty spinner robots going to the games this year and I needed something besides the complex and somewhat fragile grab/lift arm to slam into them.  This "spinner stopper" is a 1/2" thick and two feet wide chunk of lexan.  It is bolted to the back of the robot with two massive 5/8-18 flat head bolts made of stainless steel.  More to come as the games get closer! 

4 comments:

  1. That's really sweet. When is the competition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pretty sad that I won't be there to tell those other robots to their faces how lame they are by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often forget to tell you this, but everytime I think of "Hot Stuff" the robot I end up thinking about that simpsons episode where they go to the gay steel mill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey. anuy chance you could shoot me an email. wanted to ask you some questions about your flamer. i'm building son of spam for a work competition and need to flame out my competition who is pissing me off... (I am building a pusher robot with 2 motors per engine and they chose to build a 12x12 cage. i now have 3 weeks to add flames to the pusher to at least have some alternative weapon to wine this grudge match. help? please?! :-) mark (at) digitalthomas (dot) com

    ReplyDelete